Rejuvenating Brussel Sprouts with Red Pepper that leaves you energized
These colorful and energizing vegetables are both healthy and satisfying! Brussel sprouts are great for the gut and high in vitamin C. Red pepper is also loaded with vitamin C and is an anti – inflammatory ingredient. Cooked together in your MEC clay pot these potent vegetables can give your body its daily dose of vitamins and a burst of energy without the toxins from conventional cookware.
Serves 2-3 people| Cook Time: 10 – 15 minutes
- 1 ½ cups of Brussel sprouts, rinsed
- 1 cup of red peppers, rinsed and chopped to bite size
- 1 clove of garlic crushed, or finely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil cold-pressed
- Place your well-seasoned MEC pot on the stove and start heat on low. Add chopped garlic, bay leaf, salt and pepper. Stir and cover lid. Cook for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Next, add a little water to your pot filling it ¼ way up.
- Add Brussel sprouts and red pepper to pot. Stir and cover lid. Increase heat to medium low. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
Turn stove off, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Cover and let ingredients come together for 5 minutes, then serve with any grains of your choice or leavened or unleavened bread.
Contributed by: Meghan Gaudet
Write a Comment