Cooking: How to cook in MEC Pot?
By following these few simple steps you can have a pot that lasts for a long time cooking very nutritious, delicious food for you:
- On stove top –Start on low, (anywhere between 1-3 on a scale of 1-10) and in 5 to 7 mins increase to medium– setting 5 or 6. No need to go past medium. All foods cook perfectly just on medium heat in about the same time. Once the pot gets cooking, sometimes you will find that you have to reduce the temperature back to low. because all the heat given to the pot is held inside.
- In the Oven — Recommended Max Temperature is 450 Degrees Fahrenheit. Start in a cold oven or 250 D F and increase to desired temperature within a span of 10 minutes.
- After seasoning use it back-to-back a few times (4-5 times) cooking ‘wet’ recipes. This helps the pot to shrink slightly and become ‘fully seasoned’. ‘Wet’ recipes include making rice, Quinoa, vegetable soups, stews, lentils, pasta, steaming vegetables etc.
- If the pot needs to be put away sooner, just wash it, pat dry with a cotton towel and dry it on the stove top for 10 minutes at the lowest setting.
- Using a heat diffuser is recommended for all cooktops, and is a must use if cooking on electric stoves, both glass/ceramic or coil cooktops.