How to Cook Food Nutritiously? - Archived
Juanita is a busy mom of 2 kids, is concerned about their dietary needs. Because she knows how they eat now determines how healthy they will be when they grow up. She juggles between work and carefully plans her meals – choosing healthy organic ingredients avoiding any kind of processed food. Also, she spends a lot of time searching for recipes so she gets all the details right. But is that enough? Does she know how to cook food nutritiously? What about you?
It is great that so many people are choosing their cooking ingredients wisely and making sure to minimize or completely avoid processed or pre-prepared foods. But cooking this good food in the wrong cookware can not only destroy the nutrients in your carefully selected ingredients on one hand. And on the other, the cookware’s raw material – metals and chemicals – are reacting to the food and leaching in!
How the pot’s raw material affects the health of your food?
When the raw material used to make pots and pans is toxic these elements leach at the cooking temperature and contaminate food. Also, the nutrients present in food are destroyed in two ways:
- The harsh near-infrared heat damages delicate nutrients and leaves food nutrition deficient, and
- The water-soluble nutrients release as steam before you can open the lid.
How to cook food nutritiously?
A great part of cooking your food nutritiously depends on the cooking pot used. Really? how is that possible? Well, this is where your carefully choose ingredients are being transformed into edible food. The nutrients are breaking down, causing a complete rearrangement of molecules and nutritional cells for easy assimilation in the body. This is a critical time that determines the end value of the food! So how to cook food nutritiously? — by cooking it in the safest cookware — 100% Pure-clay The only time-tested method of cooking since thousands of years.
- Pure clay is tested and certified 100% non-toxic. It is naturally inert, so doesn’t react with nutrients like reactive metals. As a result, the nutrients remain pure.
- The heat that radiates from the walls of pure clay pots and pans is far-infrared. This food-friendly heat cooks food gently and keeps nutrients intact. There is no other material that can do this!
- The steam management of pure clay pots and pans is amazing. The lid always stays cooler than the pot, so when steam leaves the food, it condenses on the inner side of the lid. As soon as the food cooks, it settles back into the food and the water-soluble nutrients stay inside. And as you may know, the body can’t store water-soluble nutrients and needs them on a daily basis, cooking in pure clay makes sure your body is never deficient in them.
An added benefit: The semi-porous surface of unglazed pure clay pure clay pots is also a blessing. The food cooks with sufficient oxygen that enters through the microscopic and doesn’t let the food stick to it – making pure clay pots naturally non-stick. Cook food nutritiously by choosing the healthiest cookware today!
Other MEC Cooks are Saying:
Health Nuts Take Note