Miriam’s Healthy Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Yield: 6 people Cooking Time: 20-25 Minutes
Potatoes are a starchy vegetable that is filling and versatile. Read on to learn about the nutritional value of the ingredients in this All-American favorite dish. Potatoes are filled with fiber (in the skin), potassium, Vitamin C and Vitamin B6. B6 is not only crucial for the nervous system, it is necessary for brain development and is an important vitamin to maintain immune system health. Potassium has a regulatory effect on fluid inside the human body. It is excreted during perspiration and is important to get in a healthy diet. Vitamin C is a known immune-booster, helps to fight off free radicals, and is very good for skin health. Garlic is known to have an anti-inflammatory effect, and to boost the immune system. Not only do these Mashed Potatoes taste great, but they are also healthy and filling!
- 3 Large Potatoes, chopped (remove peel if desired, optional)
- 2 tsp Ghee (refined butter)
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 cup Milk
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- Start by adding water to fill an MEC Medium pot halfway, cover and let it cook on medium-low for about 5 minutes till steam starts building in the pot.
- Once there is some amount of steam that has built up, add potatoes, cover and let it steam for 20 to 25 minutes with the 4 cloves of garlic.
- Check in 25 minutes to see if the potatoes are done. Reduce heat to low and remove water. To remove water, you can either turn the lid upside down on the pot, leaving a small gap, and slowly try to pour the water out, or spoon the water out of the pot until most of the water has been removed.
- Leave a little bit of water in the pot, and then, mash the potatoes.
- Next, add Milk. Stir thoroughly and then add Ghee. Stir, then add salt, pepper, and turmeric.
- Cover and let the sit pot sit for 5 to 10 more minutes and then you can serve enjoy.
Write a Comment