Besides the many health and nutritional benefits to cooking in MEC’s pure – clay pots and pans that are explained all throughout the pages of this site, there are some specific benefits with regards to stir-frying in these pots and pans: namely, you can cook with very little to no oil (pan is naturally nonstick!), no need to babysit the pan in fear of food sticking, stirring once or twice in enough. The powerful yet gentle far infrared heat keeps the natural color and taste of food which means essential nutrients like flavonoids and phytonutrients are retained.
Also, less water is needed because of MEC’s excellent steam management properties, steam (water-soluble nutrients) is not gushing out of the pot but stays in to get condensed and settles right back into the food while cooking.
Cilantro Chicken Recipe:
This dish turns out aromatic with juicy bites of chicken cooked in a tomato and onion base with an assortment of spices and topped off with freshly chopped cilantro! It goes well with plain rice, flavored rice and/or any choice of breads.
The MEC pans make the ideal & healthy choice for this recipe and there is no need for oil or extra water/stock to cook the chicken/vegetables. With all the steam locked inside and unique far infrared heat, the spices penetrate deeper creating a moist and flavorful meal that is very nutritious too.
Here’s what you need:
- 2-3 pounds chicken washed & cut into bite size pieces
- 1 medium tomatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 1 bunch cilantro soaked in water, sliced roughly
- 1 teaspoon red chili pepper or paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons crushed coriander seed
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon pure oil such as coconut, sesame, olive
Here is the easy recipe:
- Use a well-seasoned pan for this recipe. Add oil or a sprinkle of water to the pan, start on low and add cumin seeds, onions, chicken, turmeric. Increase heat to medium. Stir together, cover and cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Then add tomatoes, chili and coriander powder, stir together, cover and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low, add salt and check to see if the chicken is done to your liking. And let it simmer for 5-7 more minutes while you sprinkle the cilantro and fold it in to the rest of the ingredients.
- If you like the dish to turn semi-dry, let it cook on low heat with lid partially open for 5 more minutes. Turn stove off, cover and let the dish sit to cool down a bit and ‘come-together’.
That’s it! Your food is ready to serve. Enjoy healthy and delicious chicken and cilantro! Here are more stir-frying recipes you can enjoy with MEC:
For those who want to live healthy the real and permanent way, healthy cooking is not an option but an everyday way of life. But there is no healthy cooking without 100% healthy and non-toxic pots and pans (see why). At MEC we offer you just that: the world’s healthiest pots to cook in. Get yours today.