Delicious Cilantro Chicken Stir-Fry in Clay!
Besides the many health and nutritional benefits to cooking in MEC’s pure – clay pots & pans there are some specific & unique benefits with regards to stir-frying: you can cook with very little to no oil (pan is naturally nonstick!), no need to babysit pan or constant stirring because steam is retained inside and heat from pot’s walls that are in concentric circles spreads evenly inside.
The powerful yet gentle far infrared heat keeps natural color and taste of food which means essential nutrients like flavonoids and phytonutrients are retained. Also, less water is needed because of MEC’s excellent steam management properties, steam (water-soluble nutrients) is not gushing out of the pot but stays in to get condensed and settles right back into the food while cooking.
Cilantro Chicken Recipe:
This dish turns out aromatic with juicy bites of chicken cooked in a tomato and onion base with an assortment of spices, and topped off with freshly chopped cilantro! It goes well with plain rice, flavored rice and/or any choice of breads.
- 2-3 pounds chicken washed & cut into bite size pieces
- 1 medium tomatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 1 bunch cilantro soaked in water, chopped roughly
- 1 teaspoon red chili pepper or paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons crushed coriander seed
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon pure oil such as coconut, sesame, olive
Here is the recipe:
- Use a well-seasoned pan for this recipe. Add oil or a sprinkle of water to the pan, start on low and add cumin seeds, onions, chicken, turmeric. Increase heat to medium. Stir together, cover and cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Then add tomatoes, chili and coriander powder, stir together, cover and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low, add salt and check to see if the chicken is done to your liking. Let it simmer for 5-7 more minutes while you sprinkle the cilantro and stir in with the rest of the ingredients.
- If you like the dish to turn semi-dry, let it cook on low heat with lid partially open for 5 more minutes. Turn stove off, cover and let the dish sit to cool down a bit and ‘come-together’.
That’s it! Your food is ready to serve. Enjoy healthy and delicious chicken and cilantro! Here are more stir-frying recipes you can enjoy with MEC: