Delicious Cilantro Chicken Stir-Fry in MEC Clay!
Besides the many health and nutritional benefits to cooking in MEC’s pots and pans there are some specific and unique benefits to stir-frying: you can cook with very little to no oil (pan is naturally nonstick!), no need to babysit pan or there is no need for constant stirring because steam and moisture is retained inside and the heat is distributed evenly without the need for constant stirring.
The powerful yet gentle far infrared heat keeps natural color and taste of food which means essential nutrients like flavonoids and phytonutrients are retained. Also, less water is needed because of MEC’s excellent steam management properties, steam (water-soluble nutrients) is not gushing out of the pot but stays in to get condensed and settles right back into the food while cooking.
Cilantro Chicken Recipe:
This dish turns out aromatic with juicy bites of chicken cooked in a tomato and onion base with an assortment of spices, and topped off with freshly chopped cilantro! It goes well with plain rice, flavored rice and/or any choice of breads.
Serves 2-4 People | Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- 2-3 pounds chicken, washed and cut into bite size pieces
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 medium onion
- 1 cilantro bunch, soaked in water and chopped roughly
- 1 tsp. red chili pepper or paprika
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- 2 tsp. coriander seed, crushed
- 2 tsp. cumin seeds
- 1 Tbsp. pure oil (such as coconut, sesame, or olive oil)
- Use a well-seasoned pan for this recipe. Add oil or a sprinkle of water to pan, start on low and add cumin seeds, onions, chicken, and turmeric. Increase heat to medium. Stir together, cover, and cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Then add tomatoes, chili, and coriander powder; stir together; cover; and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low, add salt, and check to see if the chicken is done to your liking. Let simmer for 5-7 more minutes while you sprinkle cilantro and stir in with rest of ingredients.
- If you want dish to turn semi-dry, let it cook on low heat with lid partially open for 5 more minutes. Turn stove off, cover and let dish sit to cool down a bit and ‘come-together’.
That’s it! Your food is ready to serve. Enjoy healthy and delicious chicken and cilantro! Here are more stir-frying recipes you can enjoy with MEC: