This recipe is a rich blend of B Vitamins, antioxidants, and trace minerals copper and potassium – All from the delicious, meaty mushrooms. When cooked with the rice and select aromatic spices, it makes the dish a wholesome, nutritious one-pot meal! In addition, when cooked in MEC pots, all the nutrients are there for your body to receive and use, without the toxins!
Serves 3-5 People | Duration: 30-40 mins
- 2 cups of mushrooms, cleaned and washed after soaking in water for 5-10 mins (shiitake, portobello, or button mushrooms if mushrooms are big, you can shop them to bite size, if smaller size, you can add as is)
- 1 medium-sized onion, thinly sliced.
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed coarsely in mortar and pestle
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp. coriander powder
- 3 green chilis, sliced on long side
- ½ tsp. turmeric
- 2 cups Basmati parboiled rice, washed
- 2 tsp. oil, optional (use sesame seed, peanut, or olive oil)
- Sea salt, to taste
- 3.5 cups water
- Place MEC medium pot on stove and start stove on low. Add oil and all spices. Close lid and cook for a few minutes, until you slice the onion.
- Add sliced onion to pot and raise heat to medium setting. Mix, cover, and cook for 5 mins.
- Add mushrooms, stir in with other ingredients in the pot, cover, and cook for 5-10 mins.
- Add rice and stir in with rest of ingredients. After 2 minutes add water and salt, then cover and cook until done.