This recipe is a rich blend of B Vitamins, antioxidants, and trace minerals copper and potassium – All from the delicious, meaty mushrooms. When cooked with the rice, and the select aromatic spices, it makes the dish a wholesome, nutritious one pot meal! And off course when cooked in MEC pots, all the nutrients are there for your body to receive and use, without the toxins!
- Vegetables: 2 cups of mushrooms (shiitake, portobello or button mushrooms cleaned and washed after soaking in water for 5-10 mins – if mushrooms are big you can shop them to bite size, if smaller size, you can add as is), 1 medium sized onion thinly sliced.
- Spices: 1 tsp cumin seeds, 4 cloves of garlic crushed coarsely in motor and pistil, 2 dried bay leaves, 1 cinnamon stick. 1 tsp coriander powder, 3 green chillies sliced in the long side, ½ tps turmeric.
- Grains: 2 cups Basmati parboiled rice, washed.
- Oil-2 tsp (optional) (use sesame seed, peanut or olive oil)
- Sea Salt to your liking.
- Water: 3.5 cups of water.
Duration: 30-40 mins
- Place MEC medium pot on stove and start stove on low. Add oil and all the spices. Close lid and let it cook for a few minutes, till you slice the onion.
- Add sliced onion to the pot and raise heat to medium setting. Mix, cover and cook for 5 mins.
- Add Mushrooms, stir in with other ingredients in the pot, cover and let it cook for 5-10 mins.
- Add rice, stir in with rest of ingredients, and after 2 minutes add water, salt and cover and cook till done.