Spinach & Potato Stir-Fry
Here’s a spinach recipe we’d like to share with everyone — completely wholesome and delicious! One great advantage of cooking this in your clay pot is that the complete recipe can be done in just one pot. When cooking with metals, you might have to use at least 2-3 different pots and pans because of the harsh heat that quickly burns the food, requiring each stage of the cooking to be done separately. Here’s how to cook your spinach with potatoes in MEC.
Serves 3-6 People | Preparation Time: 10-15 minutes | Cook Time: ~30 minutes
- 4 cups spinach, plucked and washed
- 2 cups potatoes, peeled and cubed to 3/4 inches
- 1-2 medium-sized onions, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ inch ginger, peeled & finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. red chili powder
- 2 tsp. pure cooking oil
- 2 tsp. cumin seeds
- 1 tsp. sesame seeds
- 1 tsp. garam masala
- Lemon juice, to taste
- Set your large MEC pan on the stove at low heat. Add oil, cumin, onions, garlic, and ginger. Stir, cover, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes. Sprinkle water (~¼ cup), and add in turmeric, and chili powder. Fold spices in with onions, cover & cook for 5-7 minutes on medium-low for gas, medium for electric.
- Remove lid and add spinach, sesame seeds, and garam masala. Stir, cover, and cook for 7-10 minutes on low heat.
- Turn stove off, then add salt and lemon juice, to taste. Stir, cover lid, and allow the dish to rest and come together for 10 minutes. Serve!
Write a Comment