Delicious and Healthy Chicken Curry
This classic dish is one of the popular dishes made in our MEC community. We hope you enjoy the wonderful aroma and health of this dish! Enjoy with yogurt topping which can balance the rich flavors. Traditionally, this dish is served with steamed rice.
Serves 5 people; Cook Time: 30-40 minutes
- 2 tsp. pure cooking oil
- 3 onions, finely chopped
- 1″ ginger, finely crushed
- 6 cloves of garlic, finely crushed
- 3 cloves
- 2 cardamom
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp. cumin, crushed
- 1 tsp. fennel, crushed
- 2 lbs. of chicken, chopped
- 3 green chilies, chopped
- 3 potatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp. coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric powder
1. Start out with the heat on medium-low. Sauté Starting Ingredients in list above, for 5-10 mins on low heat.
2. Then add Remaining Ingredients: chicken chopped, 3 green chilies chopped, 3 potatoes chopped, 1 tsp coriander powder and 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, and cook 10 minutes.
3. Stir and continue to cook another 5-10 minutes until chicken is cooked through and potatoes can be easily pierced with a fork. Turn stove off as soon as chicken is done cooking. Let sit 5-10 minutes before serving to let the ingredients “come together”.
Serve chicken curry with steamed rice, breads, quinoa, and/or unleavened bread.
Write a Comment